- Tarabilla Vino Tinto
- Spain, 2015
A blend of Tempranillo and Garnacha, nice ripe fruit and a great value wine.
- Sangiovese Rocca, Puglia
- Italy, 2014/15
Soft, cherry scented, dark fruit at first then gentle spice and great floral/ fruit complexity
- Goleta Merlot, Central Valley
- Chile 2015
Rustic dark fruit and so pleasing with a fresh, earthy spice to finish.
- Pacifico Sur Carmenere
- Chile 2014
Dark ripe plum and tobacco leaf. Soft with great texture. The long lost Bordeaux grape!
- The War Horse Shiraz. Stellenbosch
- South Africa, 2013
Blackberries and gentle flavours of vanilla ending with wonderfully soft and silky tannins that just keep you coming back for more
- Bodegas Montevannos Roble, Ribeira del Duero
- Spain, 2009
Soft, round fruit with gentle vanilla notes. Great intensity and persistent fruit flavours.
- Valcheta Malbec, Mendoza
- Argentina, 2014
Classic Mendoza Malbec - youthful, ripe cassis and chocolate aromas. Fresh, soft tannins and lots of rich black fruit flavours.
- The Crusher Pinot Noir, California
- USA, 2013
Ripe berry rich, full flavoured but elegant with soft fresh spices. Classic west coast Pinot.
- Vaquero Cabernet Sauvignon, California
- USA 2014
Ripe blackcurrents and bramble with lots of earthy undertones.
- Villa des Croix Pinot Noir, Pays d’Oc
- France 2015
Fruity fresh red and black fruit. Delightfully easy drinking.
- Sixteen Ridge Pinot Noir, Worcestershire
- England 2014
Medium bodied and sophisticated cherry, raspberry and vanilla. One of the best reds in England!
- Hesketh ‘Midday Somewhere’ Shiraz
- Australia 2013
Bright and peppery Shiraz. Ripe, dark berries and a touch of vanilla and chocolate.
- Fleurie, Jean-Pierre Large, Beaujolais
- France 2013
Violets, crushed raspberry and dry herbs. Classic Beaujolais Cru.
- Vieux Clocher, Arnuox & Fils, Gigondas
- France 2013
Peppery but soft and medium to full bodied. Sweet spice and ripe blackberry dominate with hints of cranberry and raspberry. Sof t lingering vanilla notes and perfect with beef.
- Von Buhl Spätburgunder, Pfalz
- Germany, 2012
Aromas of forest fruits and blueberries precede ripe and succulent raspberry and redcurrants on the palate, rounded off with subtle vanilla oak.
- Chateau du Puy Bonnet, Monatgne-St-Emilion, Bordeaux
- France 2015
Concentrated and plush. Dark plums, fresh tobacco and hints of chocolate.
- Tenuta di Borchino Toscana Rosso, Tuscany
- Italy 2010
Bending the Chianti rules by blending Merlot and Cabernet with Sangiovese, this Super Tuscan
is a delight. Cherries, sandal wood and balsamic notes. Great stuff!
- Masut da Rive ‘Semidis’ Merlot, Friuli
- Italy 2013
Fantastic fruit and floral complexity. Greatlybalanced between rounded softness and firm grip.
- Valpollicella Classico Superiore Ripasso ‘Giagio’, D. Bruno, Veneto
- Italy 2010
Fruit cake richness, dried fruit and sweet spices. Big and forever giving.
- Navajas Gran Reserva, Rioja
- Spain, 2005
Tawny red and mahogany, sweet vanilla and wood aromas, along with some truffle overtones. Velvety soft, with fruitcake flavours and a heavenly finish that only full, ripe and juicy Tempranillo that has reached perfect maturity can give.
- Chateau Bertineau St Vincent, Lalande de Pomerol, Bordeaux
- France, 2005
Soft dark fruit, spicy wood with tobacco and chocolate notes. Elegant and classy flavours of complex fruit that is developing beautifully. Still leafy tobacco and fruit backbone but hints of roasted vegetables and game! Great Bordeaux from a great vintage.
- Gevrey-Chambertine ‘Les Crais’ Gerard Seguin, Burgundy
- France 2010
Ruby red, slowly turning to brick. Single vineyard Pinot Noir from a great producer. Delivers
exactly what to expect from this level of elevated wine making.
- Barolo ‘Bricco Rocca’ Cascina Ballarin, Piedmont
- Italy 2009
Heady mix of herbs, fennel and integrated wood. A beautiful, complex wine that throws you from sweet and sour cherries to violets, then liquorice and a long lingering finish.